Tuesday 8 September 2015

Thoughts Of The Week (September 7th)

Wagwhan everyone. I'm back like I never left. Back like I never left because I'm always right. #PunchlinesForDays. *A barrage of fire emoji's*




But I'm not a blogger though. Anyways, I can't be asked with the intro so let's just get into it.
Thoughts of the week...

HIP-HOP
With the legendary West Coast group NWA's biographical film Straight Outta Compton achieving commercial and critical success, numerous rap fan's have called for more biopics of hip-hop legends. One that's been frequently mentioned is the iconic NY collective, Wu-Tang Clan.

Ghostface Killah, a member who's also had a successful solo career,  said in an interview with XXL 'We’ve been talking about that years ago... So I don’t know if the brothers might get inspired from what they have seen. But we’ve talked about that before we even heard about N.W.A was doing a movie. But you know how it goes. It’s timing, and you know, a lot of other stuff behind it.'

 

Personally, I would love to see a Wu-Tang movie much like any other hip-hop head. As a Londoner, it would also be great to see a So Solid Crew film. Then again with a crew that boasts around 30 members, it might be a bit peak for the casting director still... I'm not gonna make any 21 second jokes.

 Image result for so solid crew

Controversial and outspoken rapper/producer Tyler, The Creator has been banned from entering the UK for 3-5 years due to his lyrical content. The Odd Future leader is notorious for his horror-core rap lyrics and chill-deficient tweets/comments. It is odd that Eminem, one of his biggest influences, isn't banned from the UK yet Tyler is.

Speaking of Eminem... and people banned from entering the UK, the Detroit MC was pictured with Minister Louis Farrakhan. The picture was posted on The Nation Of Islam leader's instagram page where he revealed that they met up for a 'beautiful dialogue'. I am definitely curious to know what they discussed.   





Chi-Town super-lyricist Lupe Fiasco dropped an EP from out the blue titled Pharoah Height. Early in the year, his 5th studio album Tetsuo & Youth was released to critical acclaim. I like to give a body of work a good couple of listens before giving a definitive opinion. J Cole ain't the only guy that dislikes one listen reviews. From what I've heard though, I'm loving the chilled and soulful production. It also sounds like Lupe bought that lyrical heat. I intend to check out Rap Genius so I don't miss any esoteric punchlines.   

FOOTBALL

I hate international week for f*ck's sake. I didn't even watch the England match as I knew it was gonna be hot garbage. If the England national team was a cartoon character, it would be Buzz Killington. I heard that they beat San Marino 6-0 but giving that their team consists of a bunch of admin assistants, who really cares? 

Transfer window finally closed last Tuesday. I hate the summer transfer window sometimes, I can't be the only person that wants to see into September so we know who's gonna get signed and who isn't. Some of these 'sports journalists' are an embarassment to the profession with their transparent envy of Man Utd and articles that could easily have been ghostwritten by Jay Cartwright. Benzema to Arsenal? Neymar to Man United? De Gea to Real Madrid? Haha. I dedicate this to you.




Man Utd manager Louis Van Gaal pretty much put his job on the line by spending £36m on a relatively obscure French forward named Anthony Martial. No, I don't know how to pronounce his surname either. I'm not going to judge the youngster as I've never seen him play but LVG clearly has the maximum amount of faith both in himself and the France international to make such a decision. As a Man Utd fan, I am anxious to see him in action. We might just have a future Ballon D'or winner on our hands, who knows?

 
You won't see a group of fans more disappointed than the Gooners in the Premier League. Although Arsenal fans have been moaning for years about the need for a striker, Arsene Wenger decided not to sign a single outfield player. It does make me wonder if the Frenchman will be at the Emirates next season.

Seeing David De Gea's move to Real Madrid break down was hilarious and undoubtedly the highlight of a disappointing transfer deadline day. There's two sides to every story but I believe Madrid are at fault for the transfer not happening. What I would like to see is De Gea sign a new contract with Utd. After that, they can either slap a £40m price tag on him or use him in a deal to bring Gareth Bale to Old Trafford should De Gea still want to play in Spain.

Premiership predictions
1. Man City
2. Man Utd
3. Chelsea
4. Arsenal

LIFE (Everything Else Basically)
I'm not gonna go into too much detail but in regards to people migrating to Britain, I think London being a multi-cultural city is something to be proud of.

Idris Elba was tipped to become the next James Bond however author Anthony Horowitz has claimed that he is 'too street' to play the secret agent. Let's be real, too street is just a 'PC' way of saying he's black. I'd rather see the British actor known for starring in shows such as The Wire and Luther as the next Shaft than the next Bond to be honest.

 

And that concludes this week's post. What are your thoughts of the week? Feel free to comment but please keep it civilised.

Peace Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment