Monday 29 April 2019

CONWAY- EVERYBODY IS F.O.O.D. 3 REVIEW


Image result for conway eif 3

Having lived a turbulent past; the present and future is looking good for Conway The Machine. Representing Griselda, the hardest group in the game right now, he signed a deal with Shady Records along with his labelmate and brother Westside Gunn. They made history becoming the first rappers from Buffalo, NY to sign a major deal. Not only does he have a Griselda (Conway, Westside and Benny The Butcher) album lined up, he also has a Hall N Nash album coming with Westside Gunn and they're both set to be released this year. 
Living up to the 'machine' part of his name, Conway served us a quick 8-track audio snack titled Everybody Is F.O.O.D. 3 as we wait for the main courses. 

Image result for conway westside gunn benny

March 31st, Conway posts on insta- 'i was bored so I said fuck it and i recorded this tape in 2 days to show niggas that im the illest and it came out effortlessly INCREDIBLE!'

Conway expresses the same amount of confidence and bragging, if not more, on the EP's opener E.I.F. Coming straight out the gate with 'Hard work instead of talent/ but I work harder than niggas and I got better talent'. Giving he's dropped four solo projects since 2018 plus two more coming this year, there's no denying his grafting. The first verse is straight fire so he definitely has the talent. The way this EP started with Conway putting both verses in herses assisted with that gutter 'real hip hop' production, I really did think this was gonna be 'effortlessly incredible'...

... Is this that though? I wouldn't go that far. It is solid however and from what I've heard, the whole Griselda gang are in pole position when it comes to making that thugged out brand of hip hop. Conway knows this himself as he says on Egyptian Cloth 

'How I ain't in your niggas Top 5?
When it comes to this grimy shit, I'm the top guy'

I've said in the past that Westside Gunn has the best ad-libs in the game but Conway's up there as well.
The beats were cool. It was that 'gutter' sound for the most part although London Pound and the closer Don't Judge Me gave off a different vibe compared to the earlier tracks. 
The bars are dope as far as wordplay goes although the content doesn't really go beyond the topics that you'd typically expect to hear from an artist like Conway. So yeah the hood talk, the trapper talk, the balla talk is all there and of course the boasting in abundance. 

Conway does however briefly let his guard down on one of the standout tracks Don't Judge Me where he lyrically laments over past regrets in his life. 

'When I shot that nigga and I ain't wanna do it
But where I'm from if you pull your gun then you better use it'

Conway really might be 'the grimiest of all time'!

He closes out the album with 'I'm only human... I ain't perfect... I'm close though' LOL gotta love it.

Overall as previously said, it's a solid offering and I doubt Conway/Griselda fans will be disappointed. I'll give this a 7.

FAVES
Beat- E.I.F.
Track- Don't Judge Me
Feature- Berner (good verse on London Pound)
Verse- Don't Judge Me verse 2





No comments:

Post a Comment